In the sixth century on the site there was a Lombard settlement; in the tenth century has documented the existence of a castle in the town of the same name. In 1861 the Austrians had built 4 strong, a telegraph tower and a military road with temporary bridge over the Adige, on projects of Daniel Salis-Throne (1826-1919).
- Fort Piovezzano – Degenfeld (externally visible).
- Forte Monte Folaga – Benedeck (externally visible).
- Strong Poggio Pol – Nugent (open – used as a restaurant).
- Strong Poggio Cross – Leopold (open externally).
- Optical Telegraph (open externally).
- Historical re-enactment of the battle of 1848 among Sardinian-Piedmontese and Austrians – 30 April.
- Gold in San Gaetano – 7 August.
- Feast of San Rocco – fine agosto.
- Pumpkin Festival – in September.
The route to the four strong Pastrengo (now all privately owned) beginning on or Monte Forte Benedeck Bolega, which can be observed from the outside on the left (is not in fact visited), before arriving at the car park near the Town Hall. The tour then continues to the high ground to the south of the town, reaching, first street on Elder and then turn left at the cemetery, Fort Leopold or Poggio Cross, now used as a restaurant), next to which stands the Tower of hexagonal optical telegraph, a time in communication with the strongholds of Verona, Peschiera and Mantua. It then continues east on the military road, up to the Fort Nugent or Poggio Pol, also now home to a restaurant. The two positions, of great scenic beauty, dominate the plains below, which extends from Lake Garda to the Val d'Adige. Returning to Pastrengo, we proceed from the center by car to the north, along Route Napoleon, until you reach the Fort Degenfeld or Piovezzano, Built on the site of an ancient tower; now houses craft activities, and you can visit, upon request. The strong, which is the last stop on the itinerary, overlooking the river to the mouth of the Val d'Adige rocky, director of military importance since ancient times.