Military post since Roman, Marostica has also occupied an important strategic role for both Vicenza to Bassano. In the eighth century, the king of the Lombards Astolfo realized a castle on the hill Pausolino. Between the twelfth and thirteenth centuries in Marostica alternated domination Ezzelini, of Vicentini and Padovani; at the time Ezzellino Monaco (1218) Doglione already existed in the square, The current appearance dates from the fourteenth century and was the work of the Scala, Gentlemen of Verona. Dates back to 1312 the building by Grande della Scala of the keep of the castle “Basso” and the Upper Castle; Mastino II subsequently completed the Lower Castle; in 1372 instead Cansignorio della Scala began the construction of the walls, that encloses the hill and the plain below Pausolino, combining the two castles: the Upper Castle and the Castle "by Low.
- Cinta Muraria (externally visible).
- Lower Castle (from 9,00 to 12,00 and by 15,00 to 18,00).
- Upper Castle.
- Port Vicenza.
- Port Breganzina.
- Porta Bassano.
- Chess Game – reenactment – in September of each even-numbered year.
- Festival of Cherries – last Sunday of May.
- Marostica Art – last week of September.
- Humorists in Marostica - international exhibition of humorous drawings – April / May.
- National Award for Children's Literature "Arpalice Cuman Pertile" – last Saturday of November.
Approaching the city, you can already perceive, through a scenic view, its structure, characterized by two castles: Lower and Upper, connected by walls, flowing down the hillside and which draws its boundary with a pentagonal shape. The two buildings are configurarono in their final form during renovations of the fortifications made in the fourteenth century by the Scala, when his lordship took in Marostica, just now subject to Vicenza and the previously formidable Ezzelino Romano. Scaligers in fact realized the entire defensive program, constructing the two castles, the doors and walls of connection. The walls are inserted between twenty-four towers and ramparts and four-door: one on top of the hill, that attached to the Lower Castle (the “Vicenza”), is ad “Bassano” and finally, West, the “Breganzina” at the village “Panic”. According to a typical pattern, the so-called tower “Doglione” integrates the two main fortifications overlooking the village and the square. The tour begins by entering Port Vicenza, leaning against the Lower Castle. From the square, over the Doglione, rebuilt in 1930, continue straight on Via S. Anthony, meeting on the right is the Church of S. Anthony Abbot of fourteenth century and rebuilt in 700, Romanesque bell tower, whose construction has incorporated the remains of a tower Ezzelino. A stairway, we reach the seventeenth-century Church of the Carmine, which starts from the nature trail that leads Salin Park with a scenic walk to the Upper Castle, of which traces remain today of the curtain wall with a part of the forehead and windows. The beautiful landscape allows us to capture the structure of the city and the walls. Continuing the journey briefly, we arrive at the Gate, that opens on the hillside. Tracing back the path, is back in the center of the village. It should then take the central arcaded Via Mazzini, overlooked by five eighteenth-century palaces, axis parallel to the south-east wall of the walls, that is closed to the right and to the left Breganzina Porta Porta Bassano, through which it comes out of the walls, to walk along the outer perimeter, until you reach the parking. Pima exit you come to the former St. Mark's Church , Architectural and historical heritage of the relationship between the City and Venice , built in 1450 to honor the patron saint of the Venetian Republic, Hence it is advisable to drive along the streets of IV Novembre, Remembrance, Can Grande della Scala and Cansignorio, following a path that runs parallel to the south and west walls and leading to the Upper Castle.
Prior to joining the former Porta Vicenza- factory, one of the last and most important examples of the period in which Marostica excelled in the processing of straw. Recently restored by the walls built between the fourteenth-century 1907 and the 1910.
Other religious building outside the walls of the Church S. Maria Assunta (1701), ancient and primitive church.