Located in the south of Verona and close to other major centers, Legnago has always played an important role in military and commercial; is famous for being one of the vertices of the quadrilateral, during the Austrian domination. Its origins, however, are very ancient: its fortifications are mentioned in documents of the tenth century. Legnago also had the only bridge over the area. La rocca, equipped with a double wall, had a square with massive circular towers located at the vertices. With the Scaligers, was one of the most important strategic issues in the Verona area. In the hands of Venice from the 1405 (6 stone lions they remember your domain), the fortifications, destroyed after Cambrai, were rebuilt from scratch by San Micheli. In 1814 Pass dai Francesi all'Austria, that made it a fortress of the Quadrilateral.
- Cinta Muraria (only externally visible – for guided tours contact the IAT).
- The Tower (only externally visible – for guided tours contact the IAT).
- Duomo di San Martino (for guided tours contact the IAT).
- Church of the Assumption (for guided tours contact the IAT).
- Campanile di San Rocco (only externally visible).
- Ex Macello (contact visits for the IAT).
- Church of St. Salvaro (prior arrangements with the parish of St. Peter – for guided tours contact the IAT).
- Theatre "Antonio Salieri" (prior arrangements with the theater – for guided tours contact the IAT).
- Port Mantua (only externally visible).
- Goose Palio.
- Feast of St. Martin – the November 11.
- Carnival at the end of Lent.
- Feast of the "scopeton".
Various events, including the flooding of 1882 and the bombing of 1945, have caused the disappearance of the fortifications, although in the present road network remains the memory of the star-shaped fortress. From Via degli Alpini, a visit to the left bank of the Adige, Detta time Port, starts from square Carducci, on the site of the Bastion Half Cadena and Porta Padova; taking away Behind Walls, that followed the perimeter of the curtain, you arrive at Piazzale Santa Maria della Salute (Site Bastion S. John Porto); continue on the main dell'Ospital Old to pass the bridge (an old wooden bridge was from Lungadige Scrami). In Freedom Square are the Cathedral and the Tower, the only remains of fortifications preserved, in addition to traces of walls via Leopardi. At the intersection of City Hall on the left and the Teatro Antonio Salieri (1914) the right hand, Bastion stood the S. John Legnago. You take Via Matteotti (Fioroni Museum Foundation on the left) up to the squares 5 Martiri e S. Martin (sites Semibastione S. Peter of Verona Porta Vecchia, (6), and the Lungadige you reach the Austrian Hospital / Barracks to Try.